2008-07-28

First place in 8,80$ Double Shotout sattelite to 215$ Sunday million

I like this tournament formats.

This one, 8.80$ entry fee Double shotout is Sit-n-go tournament for 36 players. 2 rounds with shorthanded tables (6 players). I played it in Saturday night.

In round 1 I was on the table where 3 players went all-in in first hand for pot of 4,780 chips. They shown JJ, AQ suited and KT offsuit. The fun was that the weakest hand (KT offsuit) won after board of 5h9dQsJs3h and straight for him.

This hand made the table easier (4 players only) but with big favorite with over 50% of the chips.

I kept my tight image of the table and slowly increased my stack till 2,220 getting pots of 300-400 chips. At this time one more player has been busted.

In hand #25 (blinds 25/50) i got A5 suited and one player called my raise of 200 preflop. Flop was TsAsKd and I made pair of Aces with low kicker but with 2 high cards on the board. I bet 300, the other player went all in with his 1,120 chips and I called. He shown K7. Turn and river (9c & 8d) didn't help him and he was out - my stack increased to 3,515 chips and heads-up started.

No action in first 9 hands in the headsup until hand #35 when I made flush and me and my opponent had equal stacks of almost 4,500 chips.

Three hands later came the decider hand (blinds 100/200) - I got QQ and the opponent raised to 200. I re-raised him to 700 and we went all-in. He shown A7 offsuit. The flop was terrible - 6cAs3s and he got the advance. Turn helped him to make 2 pairs - 7c. But lucky river arrived - Qs and my trips won the hand. My stack increased to 8,830 against his 170 chips.

The fortune helped him to move to 930 chips until the last hand where I got A8 and I checked after flop of AcKh8c. He immediately went all-in and I got the win of Round 1.

Round 2 started with some hands where Zokki-MT was the most active and lost all of them. His stack came down to 1,000 chips. 5-6 hands later Zokki-MT went all-in with his pocket 7s against opponent's pocket tens, but lucky 7 came on the flop and Zokki-MT doubled up his stack.

Zokki-MT eliminated a player 15-20 hands later when his pocket 6's won against the opponent's pocket 4's and his stack went up to 3,600 chips.

Blinds increased to 50/100 and one other player was eliminated. 4 players remains in the tournament:
- Lucky Grudge -1,070 chips
- freestylercc - 1,675 chips 
- Wildchaps - 2,565 chips
- Zokki-MT - 3,690 chips

Zokki-MT made another move and eliminated Wildchaps, when his AK won against Wildchaps' pocket 5's.

My time came couple of hands later when with blinds of 75/150 I won with AK against Zokki's AQ and I doubled up my stack.

Blinds increased to 100/200 and I busted Lucky Grudge after all in preflop with my A5 against his T9. Board was Td4hAc5h2d.

Heads-up started and after 15 hands the key hand came. I got pair of 4's and raised 600. Zokki called. Flop was good - T52. I bet 1,000, Zokki called. Turn was  6d and we both  checked. River was 2s and Zokki decided to bluff and went all-in. After some consideration. I called. Zokki shown A4 and I won the hand and 8,840 chips. Zokki came down to 160 chips.

Zokki got some lucky hands (made straight and flush in hands were I was the leader) but the huge stack won and I got the first place and entry for the Sunday Million for 215$. I trade it for 208.55$ and made good profit of 199.75$ in this tournament.

No comments: