2008-07-16

Review of first half of July 2008

I started the month with small bank in PokerStars - 500 USD.

My main plans were to build up slowly the bank with playing a lot of hands. It means 2 big blinds profit for each 100 played hands.

My short-term target is to cover  Supernova Status in PokerStars till the middle of August.
Later I can publish all my plans but planned hands for the month were over 218,000

In the beginning of the month PokerStars surprised me with nice promotion - double VPPs for first week of the month.  I made some changes in my plans and started with very active playing on 12 tables.

In Day 1 I covered my Silver Status. In Day 2 I was ready with my Gold Status. In the beginning of Day 4 my Platinum Status was confirmed. When the promotion finished (6th of June) I was played 42,875 hands and earned 16,396 VPP. The bank was 967 USD - a little bit (8 dollars) under my plans for bank development.

All was excellent. But came my nightmare day 7th of July when my bank dropped to 537 USD. I was over 8,000 VPPs ahead of the plan (because I played full week instead of 6 days/week - because of the promotion). And the decision came - 2 days time out (not completely but not actively with 12 tables playing).

It gave me good results and on 10th of July my bank grown back to 818 USD. I decreased the hands played each day to make fine tunning of my playing and finished first half of the month with:

- 775 USD (under the budget but at the moment its not the most important thing in my plans - I am trying to make my playing more profitable and less risky)

- 4.257 VPPs over the plan - it is important because it keeps my chances to cover Supernova Status till the middle of August.

- The count of hand played is 60,500.

Thats all for first half of the July. I am looking forward to update my blog with information for more successful results in the rest of July

No comments: